Sunday, January 10, 2010

Philosophy Degree at Work

Lockdowns are taken seriously. Suddenly there's a lockdown and it's real, but it's not real, because I know it's not real. As an authority figure, I'm supposed to know where to go and what to do and treat the lockdown as if it's a real lockdown. But it's not real and I know it's not real so how can I treat it like it's real? I've got to learn to treat things that aren't real like they are, otherwise I'm dead! Today there was a knock on the door during our lockdown. Figuring this was a secret form of communication amonst staff, a code likely containing additional information regarding the dynamics of the lockdown, information that I wasn't provided with before hand, I opened the door. I also figured this would be okay since the knocker was likely a member of the authoritative group to which I belong and must therefore be privy to a superreal dimension attached to the reality of the lockdown, transcendent, existing because the exercise is fake, wherein the authorities act like divinities and talk logistics amongst themselves while their underlings respect the non-reallty of the situation. I answered the door, there was no superreal dimension, and we all died in non-reality. What this means is that while failing to find the right solution in non-reality, I will definitely find the right solution during a real lockdown (which will likely never happen). So I'll just consistently die, over and over again, in non-reality, spending less time reading Simulation and Simulacra.

No comments:

Post a Comment