Sunday, September 26, 2010

And as I was crossing the street I was surprised, for the distance I still needed to traverse was vast, and the speed at which an approaching car was travelling intense, and it had plenty of time to slip through the space to which I was eagerly moving before I arrived. But instead, exercising supreme caution and modesty tempered by a resounding respect for pedestrian ways and means, the vehicle decelerated and gingerly waited for me to pass. I could only deduce from this state of affairs that the culture of _______ was indeed generous and self-sacrificing, putting the interests of the law ceremoniously ahead of its own personal ambition, while tranquilly accepting the fact that there is no need to rush. For the day's events and unsatisfied necessities can indeed wait and be resolved/satiated/underwritten at another time. Upon reaching the other side and turning back to watch the traffic surge onwards, as though I had never existed, never sauntered through its accelerated domain and interrupted its determined pace, I felt a sense of disproportionate awe for this peculiar circumstance, which had allowed me to rapidly and prudently go about my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment