Saturday, November 8, 2014

Carboniferous

The granite's riveting recess
lies glacially astride

the forest's trenchant tomes caressing
fauna to confide

the wilderness's incremental
temperance in riddle

accustomed to tempestuous
complacent airtight fertile

grounds infused and grounds fire roasted
grounds to brew microcosmosis
grounds enfeathered pitching plush
bewitching symphonies straight flush

adjustments plume the hidden polished
chirping privy to the knowledge
cloistered capped enriched conundrums
mellifluous betwixt the earth and sun

I walk past where I saw the snake
who rattled to pronounce its place
to rest upon a bed of stone
when a train arrives to shock the zone.

*Not entirely sure that the snake rattled, but it did make a noise that resembled rattling and I therefore thought it might be a rattlesnake. After the possible rattling, I detected it in my peripheral before immediately moving in the other direction. Much to its amusement most likely. I should have stopped to get a closer look but was worried it would lunge and strike. It was about 3.5 feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment