Thursday, January 31, 2019

NFL Playoffs, Super Bowl Pick

I didn't really want to check the score again after New England went up 14 to nothing on the Chiefs. It seemed like another inevitable Patriots win that was bound to smoothly break several more stunning records. But I did in the fourth as I boarded the bus and I believe Kansas City was up 21 to 17 at the time, which was positive if not startling to say the least. I decided not to check the score again until I got off the bus, and when I did 40 minutes or so later the Chiefs were up 28 to 24 with around 52 seconds left, and if I read the online updates correctly, they had just scored another touchdown. With only 52 seconds left I thought Kansas City had it, and decided not to check the score again until I arrived back at my apartment, and wow was I surprised to see it was tied 31-31 and headed to overtime upon arrival, totally wish I had seen that game. Which New England won of course, charging down the field yet again to achieve victory and punch their ticket for another Super Bowl. The following weekend I stopped caring and actually thought, man, that would be pretty shitty if they lost again, for Patriots fans anyways, not the legion of Patriots fans which emerged in the last five years or so, old school Patriots fans, because they've lost the Super Bowl plenty of times in recent memory too. They've been there and done that and the Rams haven't in recent memory though, but what L.A lacks in experience they may make up for in unanticipated novelty, they've got an exceptional team, and have yet to unload during the playoffs. The Rams have won before but never in Los Angeles which makes things interesting from an Indianapolis Colts perspective. Could Brady and the Pats lose two in a row though? I doubt it. And boringly enough, I'm afraid I'm picking New England. The Pats by 10. Hoping it's closer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment