Wednesday, September 16, 2020

After watching several games throughout the NHL playoffs, I've noticed something that I think's worthy of comment.

I've counted six different moments where players had what appeared to be breakaways, breakaways that were brought to an abrupt end by hooking etc. from behind.

A penalty was often charged against the offending team, but of all 6 instances, I never saw one penalty shot awarded.

I'm not being critical of the refs, they likely interpreted the rules correctly.

But if those rules were changed, so it became easier for players with a breakaway to receive a penalty shot if interfered with from behind, I think the game would be much more exciting.

I know I don't know that much about hockey, but I know what's exciting, and breakaways are super exciting.

If it were easier for players to be awarded penalty shots for being interfered with from behind while breaking away, I think the game would be much more exciting.

It's already very exciting.

But penalty shots: the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment