Saturday, December 24, 2022

Things were pretty expensive for the last month, like I'm sure they were for most people, so I thought I would wait to make some of my donations until January when I had more money coming in.

I was going through some old boxes however and I came across some old records, tapes, & CDs, and I thought, wouldn't it be great if I had something to play them on, since my old stereo no longer works.

I was surprised to find you can still buy turntable/CD/cassette player combos, and that they aren't that expensive, but just as I was about to order one, I made a crucial realization: I was being tested by Christmas.

In fact, the cost of the new stereo was around the same amount I had planned to make in donations, and the people who will benefit from the donations would benefit much more from them than I would from a new cassette player.

Thus, I'm making a donation to the Ukraine war effort and some other favourite charities tomorrow. 

I hope I passed that Christmas test.

You never really know when Christmas is about to challenge you! 😉🎄🎅🤶

No comments:

Post a Comment