Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In Search of Lost Time

The first time I picked it up I realized I had to read it in its entirety even though I had neither the time nor the resources. Just one paragraph was all it took, so much detail, so many parallels, with a poignant beat and seraphic rhythm (while describing an impression's subjective ancestry). I had read page 2000 and something but instantly realized it wasn't the kind of text that you read linearly; its literary insights abound with musical, philosophical, medical, and political points that have little to do with the plot within which nothing rarely happens anyways. Observing observation, obsessing about obsession, different sections containing different styles adhesively hooked to a perforated panoramic portrait. It's the ultimate synchronous stroke which still demonstrates the ways in which Events sterilize that synchronicity without spoiling its spirit (static effervescence meets dynamic substance). So I finished it before I started and now find myself somewhere in the middle acutely considering love and life and leisure as the page turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment