Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bear in the Woods

Tonight I received a ride home from work to my country lodge and was let out at the road two minutes away from my destination. As soon as I popped out of the back of the pickup (after having drank 3 tasty Muskoka Cream Ales) I heard a sincere rustling in the woods directly in front of me. The pickup had sped away and I was left alone to determine what beast lie in wait in the surrounding forest. And it must have been either a deer or a bear: there's no way a frickin' raccoon can make that much noise (and they usually run up trees anyways). I had to decide whether or not to walk home or take the safest route and proceed to my friend's in case the potential bear proved to be vicious. But bear's are usually pretty cool (eating vegetarian related items primarily) so I waited for the noise to disappear before taking a shortcut home.

Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment