Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pretty happy to see that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has nominated 10 films for best picture this year instead of 5 and that of those 10 several of them represent styles of filmmaking that are generally overlooked by the best picture nomination (and didn't come out in the last three months) (science fiction for instance). Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to see them all since I live in a town with no movie theatre and it would cost me far to much to travel to a metropolitan centre and see the nominations I haven't seen already. So my poorly researched pic for 2010's best picture of the year is Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, probably the best salute to film I've ever seen and a damn fine movie at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment