Thursday, July 29, 2010

A bottle of wine. She had said we would do so many things as so many people often do, and it's rare if you actually end up doing any of them. This has been my experience anyways. If something's appealing I'll mention it twice, perhaps three times, modestly, so as not to appear too interested. Hence, when she mentioned that we should drink one of her bottles of wine, a suggestion which was synthesized with so many others, I figured she was somewhat serious but would not be upset if she was sleeping when I returned home and I proceeded to drink some wine without her. After all, there were 15 bottles, meaning that we could easily drink another one at another point. Yet suddenly she was upset, I had disintegrated the purity of her original suggestion by drinking my first glass of her wine without her, and now had to purchase a fresh bottle, which, perhaps, we would one day drink together. But to drink her wine with me, this she would no longer do, for of the many suggestions she had made, many in passing which had already been forgotten, this is the one that bore the most prominence.

No comments:

Post a Comment