Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy to see that Alice Munro won the Nobel Prize for literature.

I loved Friend of My Youth and Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You and look forward to reading more of her works throughout my life. 

For me, writing isn't about race, ethnicity, or gender, it's about the quality of the writing and how it fits with my own aesthetic preferences, which change over time, although I have yet to pick up In Search of Lost Time and not love it (I simply evaluate it differently over time). 

Some writers I love, some I don't, that's it.

To ignore a specific writer because of their race, ethnicity, or gender, ignorantly cuts you off from thousands of potentially inspiring voices, thereby limiting your own potential in the process.  

We live in remarkably accessible times. 

Why not embrace them?

No comments:

Post a Comment