Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Don't forget about Project Everyone at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference.

Or The Leap Manifesto.

The goals may seem lofty, but if everyone takes the time to act in an environmentally responsible way at the local level, recycling a bit more, thinking a bit more about alternative energy sources, reusing things instead of replacing them, taking things like the mediterranean diet into consideration, using public transit from time to time, then they can constructively start reaching enormous heights, day by day, one step at a time.

It's about sustainability.

Taking care of things.

Throw a bit of love in there.

Try something organic.

I used to eat meat all the time until I had this job for years working in a labour camp of sorts where they fed me really well. Every night there was a meat option and a vegetarian option and eventually I started eating both options every night. By doing this, I discovered that vegetarian cooking was worthwhile and recently I started cooking dishes without meat, substituting different vegetables for the meat I would normally add. I still often eat meat, but it's small steps like these that can make a big difference when millions of people start taking them.

What's your step?

You don't have to wait for people to start recommending things, you can just start doing things yourself, every other day.

That's what individualistic democratic agency is all about.

Make some chilli.

No comments:

Post a Comment