Saturday, April 29, 2017

Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Jean-Gabriel Pageau, you, have restored my love of the NHL.

That was truly a legendary performance.

I checked the score and Ottawa was down by 2 late in the third.

And I've read that you're from the Ottawa region.

I'm hoping a local Ottawa/Gatineau poet has already written a poem commending your performance.

Outstanding!

Wow.










(Psst. Okay, you see, there's a certain team from a certain city that you're not supposed to talk about in certain places, but, at one time, I furiously cheered for them, yet, they were so bad for so long that I just stopped loving the NHL so much; it wasn't like they were Columbus or Florida or the Arizona Cardinals or the San Diego Padres, they were an extraordinarily wealthy team who just made too many bad decisions for too long for me to stay focused on hockey, how can you have that much money and be so terrible for so long while Nashville and Tampa Bay excel, although there's another team who played well in the meantime that kept me interested, and that team which I cannot mention showed signs of life in 2016/17. Just keep this between us. I didn't say anything. My love of international tournaments never faltered. End communication).

No comments:

Post a Comment