Thursday, July 6, 2017

Wiped out hard after stepping off the bus the other day, a total helpless collapse to the ground (the grate that used to accompany a sidewalk tree had been removed [as had the tree])). I got up quickly and stood there monitoring the pain in my ankle, wondering how bad the twist was, when I noticed that concerned citizens were observing me from the bus, and that, the bus driver themself had indeed left their charge to ask me in person if I required medical aid. I was on my way to JazzFest, and really didn't want to miss the show, so I figured, unless it was clearly a break, I would deal with the pain and limp my way around throughout the evening. Yet I thanked them for their kindly regard, of which I was most appreciative, and gave the thumbs up to the passengers travelling therewithin, then put most of my weight on my uninjured foot, a cumbersome bulk this Summer, felt as if I could move, watched as the friendly public chariot speeded away, and made my way towards my eagerly anticipated destination. The next day I awoke to discover that I was not burdened by a swell, and proceeded to go about my routine activities with only a minor degree of unsettling discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment