Thursday, January 23, 2020

Compostable Straws

It's great to see so many restaurants and cinemas using compostable straws these days.

If we can suddenly switch to compostable straws, it made me think we really can move away from single-use plastics in the not too distant future.

Thanks so much to the individuals who shared the video depicting a turtle with a straw stuck in its nose on YouTube and elsewhere. I believe that's where a lot of the momentum for the compostable straw initiative came from. Amazing work.

You helped change the world.

I imagine hemp can be used to make containers that can replace single-use plastics, but I'm by no means an expert in the field (I believe I heard about the superpowers of hemp in the documentary film Grass).

All I know is that if plastic straws can be replaced so easily, so can many other single-use plastics.

Super happy to see progress on this issue.

Hope the momentum continues to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment