Mercurial deliberation.
Discursive bedlam.
Indefinite fusion.
Opaque resolution.
Illuminated emulsion.
Temperamental trust.
Fickle ambition.
Picturesque resonance.
Fugacious ferment.
Ephemeral substance.
Transmutated trademark.
Versatile metamorphoses.
Shapeshifting saffron.
Indelicate discretion.
Newfound realization.
Exotic amplitude.
Narcoleptic ninja.
When you're young and you read people like Proust and they recommend things like "reading with a different set of eyes", it sounds intriguing, but as you age, not as much so, but with Joyce's Ulysses you really need a different strategy to get through sections of the book.
I'm thinking of the play in the middle quintessentially which mutates with flexible cunning, I admit to having reservations about the stream of consciousness, but here it's like Joyce literally realized it.
Its depth is insane its creativity limitless its imagination profound its erudition fun, according to Google searches people have tried to perform it on stage (Burgess Meredith for one), but it seems impossible to pull off, although I bet the people who made Loving Vincent could come up with something.
I'm not finished reading the book yet but have decided it's not truly done, until I also eat kidney with onions and mushrooms, that seems like a fitting complement.
I would compare him to David Foster Wallace, not to Proust.
I may have never read Ulysses if I hadn't first finished Infinite Jest.
No comments:
Post a Comment