Monday, April 25, 2011

First View of the Pacific Ocean

The waves roll past
I sit and cast
the seals swim by
the mountains rise

An atv out on the flats
a flock of swans, a hawk, the stats,
the ocean meets a patient river,
the wind picks up, I smile and shiver

A town there to the left I see
with goods for sale spread by the breeze
entwining social mysteries
and pearls who love to sit and tease

The bears have woken from their slumber
downwards then they slowly lumber,
billy goats from cliff to cliff
deftly glide through jagged rifts

An eagle on my way to work
once turned his head to laugh and smirk
then drank more from the pond did he
the bus drove past transcendently

My kayak drifts towards the night
a festival is planned in sight
we'll cook our catch and soil our livers
encourage songs and campfire quivers

then down the wooden planked boardwalk
elastic cogent festive flocks
to turn your head point out and whisper
observations quaint and crisper

as the evening levitates
from here to there through altered states
those eyes look like a terraced beam
whose bright partitions glaze the seams

of nature's gracious springtime bounty
plumes and colours sundry mounting
pillars rise on either side to
gently calm the current's tide.

I slowly raise my forlorn paddle,
cease to drift, secure the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment