Sunday, June 30, 2013

Okay, this is worth instablogging.

I see this poet perform last summer.

She's good.

I don't see her again until a couple of weeks ago while waiting for the métro.

I don't say anything, figure she doesn't recognize me, why would she, I spoke to her briefly at a poetry reading last summer, why would she remember me, I have a hard enough time figuring out things to say to girls who know who I am, let alone those whom I don't know.

But then I see her on the bus last weekend.

This is odd because I was supposed to catch an earlier bus but it was full so I couldn't get on.

I had to wait for the next bus and then there she was.

Then tonight, I get on the métro, the doors shut, I'm waiting for it to depart, but it doesn't depart, the doors open again, and then there she is again, briskly stepping aboard.

What are the odds of that?

What are the odds of two events like that happening in a city as big as Montréal in a little over a week?

Astronomically high.

Lottery winning high.

Hope she's doing alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment