Thursday, March 17, 2016

I've decided that my favourite professional sports fans in North America are those that prefer the CFL to the NFL, a preference that I can understand, yet not embrace, myself.

If the CFL had 32 teams I might change, but for the moment it has only 9, 6 of which make the playoffs; that's a high percentage of playoff making teams.

Still, dedicated CFL fans don't care about the diminutive size of the league nor its preponderance of playoff births, and passionately support their favourite(s) with astute unrelenting enthusiasm.

I love listening to their arguments in support of a three down game, a longer and wider field, a ball that is more difficult to throw.

The super intense providential prowess of the NFL means nothing to them as they prefer the quiet dignity of a less expansive league.

I too love the CFL and enjoy the three down game. Every down is crucial and if you can run the ball you're tough to beat.

If the CFL had 4 downs it would lose its unique allure and seem like a trite imitation of the NFL, rather than a stubborn competitive exciting professional perplexity.

I don't understand preferring the CFL to the NFL, but I do enjoy following both leagues and cheering on my favourite teams.

If you do prefer the CFL, as I mentioned earlier, you're one of my favourite North American professional sports fans.

Devotion to the alternative format.

The 20 yard end zone.

The mischievous rouge.

No comments:

Post a Comment