Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sanders or Clinton?

Tough call.

Sanders seems genuine, like he genuinely cares about the interests of people earning modest and meagre incomes and wants to seriously change the ways in which the United States conducts its affairs.

It's not that Hillary Clinton doesn't, but since she's held high profile positions within Government for many years, she's had to make tough decisions and consequent enemies both of which have strengthened yet tarnished her reputation, and made her seem less genuine as a result.

I was watching a film the other day, what was it, ah, The Dark Knight, the line, "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I trust Bernie Sanders like I trusted Jack Layton, a true person of the people, like he's straight out of the 1930s, aware of the desperation, willing to make sacrifices to bring about real change.

But this isn't the 1930s and he's never held high profile positions.

Trump knows what time period this is. As frightening as it may seem, he's currently doing his best to define it.

So does Hillary Clinton.

I think if Trump becomes the Republican Party's candidate, Clinton's experience makes her the strongest candidate to stand against him.

She's media savvy and can play in the mud, where Trump thrives.

Rather than see Sanders and the Democrats go down in an august salute to true values and humanistic integrity, I'd rather see the party win the next election and then provide Sanders with a high profile role with which he can truly make a difference.

I think Trump beats Sanders, for sure, although if the Democrats choose him, I hope I'm wrong.

I think Clinton can beat Trump and keep him out of office.

To see America's first female President defeat such an egotistical offensive abusive hate monger would be a wonderful thing.

These are just gut reactions.

I don't follow American politics closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment