Monday, December 23, 2019

Walked past a feisty old timer in the bus station the other day, whose grey beard and extended stomach made him look like Santa, or Christmas Man as some of my students call him, also known as Kris Kringle or Saint Nick, the guy with the presents, so I'm told, who makes a difference throughout the Holiday Season.

I can't verify whether or not he was in fact Santa, although my gut thought it'd be cool if he was, for he reminded me as I past to share good fortune, which is a great way to live all year round.

So I did my best to share more in the upcoming weeks, bearing in mind messages crafted by Dickens, and many others every Holiday Season, and I only wish I could have done more.

It'd be nice to make a lot of money, then give so much of it away, I often wonder if billionaire philanthropists are creating computer labs with up to date equipment for struggling North American youth?, perhaps placing them in every public school?

If Carnegie brought about public libraries, or saw them significantly expand, couldn't someone else bring about networks of computer labs, that could become features of communal social fabrics?

I imagine they already exist where the well-to-do are used to advanced thinking, and enjoy sharing their wealth with others.

And I thank everyone who's shared their wealth to make a difference in their communities this Holiday Season.

You can't get ahead if you can't use computers.

Free computer labs can make such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment