Thursday, October 10, 2024

Saw something new today.

I was looking up a film to see how long it was, and I noticed a number of "frequently-asked-questions" below my Google Search. For curiosity's sake, I looked at a couple of them, notably the one stating, "Why is _____________ a masterpiece?" The curious thing about the answer, and what I had never seen before, was that it said only men thought the film was a masterpiece, and that women didn't share their opinion. Begging the question, has the designation masterpiece itself shifted in recent years, and can only a film deemed a "masterpiece" by a majority of both female and male critics now be genuinely considered worthy of the name?

So many distinctions. 

Can't believe I've never seen anyone make such a claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment