Saturday, November 17, 2018

CFL Playoffs, Conference Finals Round

Hamilton Tiger-Cats/Ottawa Redblacks: picking the Ti-Cats. Oskee Wee Wee!

Winnipeg Blue Bombers/Calgary Stampeders: puzzling. I really don't know who to pick. Calgary has made the Grey Cup three of the last four seasons and finished with the league's best record once again this year. They're well rested after having had the bye last week and more at ease since they're playing at home. Winnipeg's victory over the Roughriders last Sunday was impressive though, and they held the lead for most if not all of the game. In Saskatchewan. They've won 6 of their last 7 and haven't let up since mid-September. It's like if I pick Calgary Winnipeg wins because I'm not respecting the underdog, but if I pick the Blue Bombers the Stamps win because I'm not giving them enough credit. How many times do you pick the visiting team to beat Calgary and the Stampeders show up and crush them in the first half? How many times do you doubt the visiting team and they pick up a huge lead early on and never slow down or look back? Imprecise statistics. It's clear that I have no idea who is going to win this game which is a good sign considering. Therefore, I'm picking Winnipeg by a bunch. Even if Calgary's the smarter pick.

*Note: my phone's spellcheck automatically switches "super bowl" to "Super Bowl" when I write "super bowl", but does not switch "grey cup" to "Grey Cup." An appropriate phrase in this situation is, "that's unacceptable!" The Grey Cup's been around since 1909!

No comments:

Post a Comment