Thursday, November 8, 2018

CFL Playoffs, Semi-Finals Round

B.C. Lions/Hamilton Tiger-Cats: Picking the Ti-Cats. Eat 'em raw!

Winnipeg Blue Bombers/Saskatchewan Roughriders: rankings changed quickly and often this season in the CFL, and I was lucky enough to watch more games in one year than I ever have before. Usually I just pay attention to how Montréal and Hamilton are doing, but this year I expanded my interest and loosely kept track of the entire league. The Roughriders looked good. Their defence was solid and they didn't lose many games. Plus they beat Calgary twice and could have won all three if they hadn't imploded early on during their first meeting. Toronto did almost beat them in week 15 but even teams having bad years show up from time to time. They beat the Blue Bombers two weeks in a row but then Winnipeg crushed them 31-0 in round 3. The Bombers had a strange year and seemed like they were finished after week 13, but then turned it around and picked up 5 straight wins against Montréal, Edmonton, Ottawa, Saskatchewan, and Calgary (whom they beat in the fog), to prove they are in fact contenders. I like Winnipeg's chances, and it would be great to see them win the Cup again after having come up short for so long. Their offence scored 100 more points than the Roughriders this year, but Saskatchewan still played exceptionally well all season and defeated them twice. I imagine this game will be impressive and am disappointed that I won't be able to watch it. I'm picking Saskatchewan at home even if that's boring. And wondering if Matt Nichols will lead a game winning drive.

*The Broncos aren't having a bad year. They've just lost a bunch of close games.

No comments:

Post a Comment