Monday, February 3, 2020

That was the season of teams coming up short when going for it on 3rd or 4th and 1 in the CFL and NFL respectively, for me, plus the year of the backup quarterback, especially in the CFL.

I couldn't believe how well backup quarterbacks played in the CFL this year, perhaps leading to quarterback controversy in Hamilton, plus Drew Lock seriously impressed on the Broncos, Ryan Tannehill made a name for himself in the playoffs, Kansas City's backup won a couple of games, Pittsburgh's backup played well, Teddy Bridgewater aptly filled in for Drew Brees, and Josh McCown made things interesting in the Wild Card round. 

I couldn't believe how many times I saw teams going for it and coming up short on 3rd or 4th and 1, the Chiefs a notable exception in yesterday's Super Bowl. 

I don't know what the actual stats are, that's just a pattern I noticed in the games I was lucky enough to see. 

Is it time for a resurgent New York Jets team?

Or for Minnesota or Buffalo to finally win one?

Sad there's no more football for a while.

As always, Broncos!

No comments:

Post a Comment