Monday, August 10, 2009
T-2000
I gave him my hand after asking if he wanted to live. Indeed he did, indeed. We started walking down Main towards the falls mesmerized by the rapids. A groundhog was scurrying on the rocks, scavenging, sorry, scavenging, not scurrying. That's not it either. I wanted ice cream as did he hence we bought two scoops each. Went with chocolate ripple. The old lady with the read and white striped scarf was feeding the sea-gulls because she understood that they weren't going anywhere. "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" was humming in my head but I felt like singing "Sway." Was that kind of morning. I thought about what he had said while going over what I had to do. For work. The falls were rushing down, always rushing, down, from the top, rush rush, past past, that was a stick, not a fish, rush. Show me don't tell me thought I while remembering I was to play bridge in the afternoon. I was living well, thinking, rearranging, filing feelings for fact, attuned. I'd never met someone split out West, in tact, sunk with stones yet fighting back. Never.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment