Tuesday, August 11, 2009

K

We figured that in order to avoid attaching a too puritanical component to our mandate it was important to allow K_____ to speak, inasmuch as his excessive position had expressed itself (after he'd been confined; his excess became grotesque and had nurtured alternatives who were proving to be more profitable [from whom we were expecting new excessive and subdued postures to develop]).

In prison, K_____'s active yet acrimonious audacity was provided with a pen so that we could learn from his peculiarity. It was sad but so are lions when they're crying
.

It was on the outs. I could handle the yap yips but not the yip yaps, all day, everyday, in suffering, this and that, asking questions, creating "initiatives," changing things, shouting, without approval, design, ingenuity. The mechanism was running smoothly but I was bored and realized that my co-workers were also bored and therefore devised challenges to see whether or not they could cope. They found a way and our productivity rebounded until that became bothersome and I became threatening. No more rackets and peachy red things, just abandonment; Kenneth was a worthy adversary and exclusively yap yipped. Werner was tough but there was yip yap as well (buttes and boulders). It was about being social, there was work to be done and my designs enhanced the value of that work, although, that trusting, honest, angelic patsy, falling for trap after trap while we danced to his prose by the moonlight's sonata; Smyke did not fare well. He didn't get a lot of hellos and how are you's, just minded his own business, wanted to go home, see his wife, write, this upsets people, lights things, if only he'd been ugly, hostile, volatile. I took care of those who tormented him because that was my business and Werner and Kenneth understood that, at least. At least they understood that. My quarters are tight but at least I can write, rest, pass a drill through my temple, cough syrup, you don't stop shouting, I don't have my tools, enough, it just gets worse with confrontation, and without it it doesn't stop; why is this accepted, drill, shades and silence and serendipitous salutes break the routine but then it's back on my bunk, yap yip yap yip yip yap yip yap. I don't want that for dinner, why must we always where this, this leak keeps leaking, dripping and dripping, drip drip, drip drip, drip drip, drip drip. Drip drip, like the other, like the other, incomprehensible, his innocent ingenuous heart-beating without form, internal torment with its constant rhythmic yip yappic symphony. My pillow's just a couple of feathers in case. I can't smoke. One of the conditions, just stop, stop, it's not even yip yap it's just yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip, like a hound, like a stilted vulture swooping over a pack of its satiated brethren, thinking about a lotus, honey, tea, honey and tea and tea and honey to bring it all back in my office with my problems and their solutions and a unicorn and a lot of it was yap yip drip drip on a slide just summertime living easy with Liszt and two ice cubes and a lake to go swimming with fish and mosquitoes and merchants selling treats and singing, sighing, easing along, among ponds and beaches and beaver dams with ludicrous diversions, heroic hairlines, solitary stations, whispering with the wind, cotton candy, a tulip, yip yap, stop shouting, shouting, shouting. It wasn't me, there was never a dialogue, a question, a response, leaches, instantaneous, needing hooks and harnesses and hindsight, backwards, lateral, that drip, if I squeeze through the bars it just bounces back and rebounds off the wall putting back together all the king's horses, monarch jester butterfly spirit's tenacity, taciturn yet competent tyrant yap yipping no flair just charisma no talent just inspiring them towards goals and objectives which they truly believed in due to his existential good faith. I want a cigarette, to be, to be somewhere, a pack, a long winding road but can't, can't but want, locked inside details don't change shouting the dripping is dripping and yipping and shouting and yapping and shouting tormented by the side of a lake where my chair has no armrest and my mesh hat streams.

No comments:

Post a Comment